The 40th DASC seeks competitive tutorial proposals on emerging topics within the scope of aviation and aerospace. The selected tutorials shall be held on Sept. 26th-27th, 2021, typically in a 3-hour slot, between 8am and 6pm. At this point of time, tutorials are planned to be in-person at the conference. But, based on the circumstances caused by the pandemic, we may pivot to a hybrid or online tutorial format. If you have questions, please contact the DASC Tutorial Chair: Krishna Sampigethaya ([email protected]).
Tutorial Proposal Format
The proposal should concisely and clearly describe the tutorial content and objectives, not exceeding 5 pages in single space, 12-pt font, including:
- Title of the tutorial.
- Abstract, objectives and motivation.
- Timeliness and intended audience.
- Name, affiliation, and a short biography of each tutorial speaker.
- A description of the technical issues that the tutorial addresses.
- An outline of the tutorial content, including its tentative schedule.
- Format and delivery tutorial: lecture; lecture + hands-on; lecture + equipment training, or something else.
- What is expected from the tutorial attendees (knowledge, resources, etc.).
- What resources are given to the attendees(handouts, USB flash drive, laptop, etc.); the conference only provides meeting room and AV media equipment.
- Duration of the tutorial: A typical DASC tutorial is 3hours: two 80-minute segments separated by a 20-minute break. Longer duration needs justification. Should longer than 3 hours be required, the tutorial can be split between 2 sessions, for a total of 6 hours.
- A description of past experience of the speaker on the topic of the tutorial.
- State if a similar tutorial was offered in a past DASC, how your tutorial differs.
Tutorial Proposal Submission
The tutorial proposal should be emailed directly to the tutorial chairs asa single PDF file.
Tutorial Proposal Timeline
- Proposal Deadline: April 2, 2021
- Notification of Selection: April 19, 2021
- Sign on agreement document: May 3, 2021